Posted by: No name | 2008/09/22

Just curious

Hi Guys. Please forgive me if I' ve posted to a wrong forum,
Am just concern bout some few things. I am married for two years now, and in community of property. The time I arrived, ma husband owned a house and a car. After we got married he bought another car and he also owns a property, and all these things are or his name. Not that I have a problem with anything, because he bought all these things using his money. Please forgive me people if I sound stupid, but i really need to know and understand how these things work. Just want to know if we can get divorced, does that mean am getting nothing?....I mean, he does almost everything in the house. I am also working as a PA. I do buy groceries and take care of some other stuff in the house, liek forinstance, if we need to buy something(e.g. a piece of furniture) I save money and buy that. He pays rent, elec etc.
Please guys, am not being greedy here or something, I just want to know where do I stand, Am scared to ask him bout this, most of the time when i asked him bout some stuff, he gets angry with me. He' s tha one who make decisions(don' t have a problem with that), but most of the time he makes those decisions without letting me know.

Not my area of expertise, but other readers may be able to explain, based on their own experiences. I thought that marrying IN community of property means you would both share in what you jointly own, but you do need to check with a lawyer on that. Maybe your nearest law school has a free law clinic ; maybe someone at the maintenance court at your nearest magistrate's court could advise.

Posted by: ?? | 2008/09/23

if u married IN communitiy of get half...and he gets half....

Reply to ??
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/22

Rather look for help first before you think about divorce! Divorce can torn a person apart. On the internet, search for " www (dot) savethemarriage (dot) com" 
If you need to get a divorce you can go to the maintenance court, it depends on how long you were married.

Reply to EL