Question
Posted by: FatSo | 2007/08/24

Just can't lose ....

I just can't lose my stomach. I am 40, 1.53m, 56kg, 36DD (BIG) (if I have plastic surgeon make them smaller I would lose an instand 3kg), I have a stomach that just doesn't want to go away. I eat 3 healthy meals a day, fruit in between if I get hungry. Activia, black forest tea, climb 12 floors of stairs to my flat, I do 120 crunshes on my ab king pro a day. Drink lemon water. All this and I can't lose the kg and centimeters. I would ideally like to weight 50kg, but my target now is 53kg. I don't lose and I don't pick up weight, but when I get dressed in the morning, I can feel my stomach has ot extra centimeters, this is after the normal bowel movement and wee in the morning. Please can you advice what next to do, i was thinking of taking diet pills, but that will put me on a "plak". Please I am desperate for help. Oh the three meals I eat a day are healthy meals. I was at Sureslim and they gave me a diet according to my blood, etc. this was a year 1/2 ago so I still follow some of those rules. I am cutting out normal coffee and replacing it with espresso, no milk. Please I beg you, advice urgently. Thanks

Dear Reader
I wonder if your extended stomach is not due to bloating caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or another condition. It may be a good idea to have a medical checkup just to eliminate any underlying causes of abdominal bloating, etc. Your present BMI = 24, which is in the normal range, so it is difficult to lose weight when your weight is already normal. For an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 51 kg, so check your diet and reduce any foods that contain fat to see if you can't lose those last 3-5 kg. Let's first see if losing the extra weight and doing your exercise won't tighten up your tummy. Are the crunches you do like sit-ups? If not add sit-ups to your exercise routine as they target the tummy. If this does not improve your tummy and if you don't suffer from IBS or any other condition, then the only other options are liposuction or a tummy tuck. Discuss such options with a plastic surgeon.
Hang in there