Question
Posted by: ANON | 2008/07/25

Just askin

Hi CS i just want to be clear on something,my boyfriend is very close with his friends ,sometimes I think i am a bit paranoid but i need advise on how often should a 28 yr old man visit his friends,sometimes he spends the whole weekend with them and i must be left alone or go visit my family even if i would prefer we spend the weekend together,we have a child together ,i really think we could be bonding with our child since he stays with my mom fulltime ,but my boyfriend would rather be with friends(especially after he got paid when he has money )i think this is childish or am i too clingy,i need advice .Thanks

There are no rules about such things. A man with a child ought not, on the whople, to be spending more time with his pals than with his child. And the child should have first claim on his money, rather than booze or friends. This is a guy who should recognize his responsibilities, who is insisting on behaving as a boy and not a man.
A boy can make someone pregnant ; it takes a man to be father to a child and spouse to a woman

3
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/07/25

attack the problem now before it grows strong sit down quite literally like adults and talk those issues through.

You will be pleasantly surprised just what can be achieved by talking through things up front in a dispassionate manner - it really can stop many arguments.

Also take responsibility for any wrongs you do or issues where you were insensitive. And remember above all that a mature relationship is about compromise - you can' t do everything you want all the time, so settle for some of the things some of the time.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Lin | 2008/07/25

He has the problem. Sounds as if he' d rather be single than in a relationship. He' s a father now and needs to take responsibility. Maybe a couple of rounds of relationship counselling would do you good.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: landi | 2008/07/25

hi anon
i dnt think ure being to clingy, i mean the whole w-end with freinds, thats ridiculous, hes not a teenager anymo, he is a man with a family that he needs to be with,most importantly he shud be with u guys wen he gets paid, take his family out or smthn, let him know how you feel, i mean my husand is 25, he goes on for months without going out with his freinds and our daughter has just turned one, he would ratehr be with us at home or out somewhere we' l all be togethre, trying letting him know how u feel dear

Reply to landi