Question
Posted by: Losing It | 2005/06/06

Just an Update

Hi Guys
For those of you that helped me through me time of heartbreak I just thought I'd let you know that it has been two months since we broke up (beginning April) and he is now engaged to the girl he has been seeing for a month....makes you think doesn't it.

I am hurt to say I am not would be lying but I think I am more hurt for the slap in the face this feels like more than for losing him. Don't know if thats normal but it's how I feel.
Wish them both happiness though and strength for me to get over it fully and move on with no bitterness anger or resentment.
Still on my "happy pills" as I call them, but must be honest nothing prepared me for this news. She is apparently still going overseas to the UK for a year and he is talking about going to Canada, I can only assume they will meet up with each other somewhere over that side.
Not expecting to be invited to be "Maid of Honor" or anything so I'll wait to hear all about the wedding from my "got to give losing it all the info about her ex b/ just to see her reactionf" friends.

Time heals all, and as they say, time wounds all heels, too, so this couple may not end up as happy as they thought. But yes, it would be nice if you could find new friends, not ones that insist on "caring" for you in such an unkind way !

2
Posted by: Losing It | 2005/06/06

Thanks Joanne E believe me I have told them on more than one occassion that I do not want to hear anything about him infact I don't even want his name mentioned but the "friends" I am talking about here are those that are not happy in their own misery they have to drag every one else into their bottomless pit of misery as well. I do not contact them but in the town that I am in (and believe it or not) it is not a small town it is a large suburb of Jo'burg we are a large group of friends "the got to let her know" ones I do not contact but friends with in the circle of friends let things be known and some of them actually think they are helping me by telling me so I don't find out when I am out cos they know how very much I loved him and that I still in the wierdest way and for some inexplicable reason d still feel something. Rather a difficult situation right now I can not ask all our mutual friends to take sides either way as the breakup was between me and him not them and I know in time I will be over the little pangs of hurt jealousy love whatever it is I stll feel and then the friendship avoidance thing won't be an issue either.

Time time time is what they say heals all.

Reply to Losing It
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/06/06

I suggest you get better friends

Reply to Joanne E