Question
Posted by: Dane | 2007/04/17

Just a thought...

What drives a person to have confidence problems and how can one go about rectifying the problem?

The answers tom your first question are manifold --- there are many possible causes, but basically they all relate to having the habit of thinking negatively about yourself. The problem can be rectified, often surprisingly quickly, though counselling, espcially of the CBT Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy format. The problem, whatsver its ealy origins, is worsened by parents unskilled at praising their children appropriately, and by teachers and bosses similarly impaired.

3
Posted by: Hehe | 2007/04/18

Just think, "If I was as crap as I thought, natural selection would've got me long ago!"...

Reply to Hehe
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/17

lots of things - your personality make up, hwo you were raised - if you were constantly told by parents youwere useless you will think you are.

Also agree with paul on getting credit where it is due. Amazing what a simple "good job, well done" can do for one!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Paul | 2007/04/17

Low self esteem and constantly being put down I would imagine. As well as maybe not getting proper credit on a job well done?

Reply to Paul