Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2004/10/04

Just a chat

I don't have any questions to ask, I just want to chat to someone before I do something stupid.
I just wish my family will stay away from me. They must have realised by know that I am better of without them. Why do they make my life so miserable. I am not going to end my life because of them. I will reather kill them.
I am emotionally dead.......... Just wish they would stop calling and sms'ing me. They are driving me nuts

Dear Samantha,
Well, you're welcome to chat, and to avoid doing something stupid. If you want your family to stay away for a while, have you tried simply telling them that ? Maybe it's something about how you have been behaving that has worried them, which could be why they've been hovering around in a way you find annoying. They cannot make your life misrable unles you allow them to do so, by allowing whatever it is they say or do, make you fel miserable. You don';t have to feel bad, on command. And harming them is an equally bad idea, which would cause great harm to you, too --- would you really enjoy ( more than your present way of life ) spending the rest of your life in a SA prison ? Why not tell them they can leave you alone--- because you are seeing a shrink to work out any problems that there might be --- and se a shrink. You deserve to ahve some positive help so that you can feel better about yourself and about life in general.

1
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/04

Hi Samantha,
If they irritate you so much, just ignore their calls and sms's - the cellphones have a silence button, just let it ring and don't listen to the voice mail either, delete it. Making any choice about what to do, being stupid or not, is never the answer, believe me, you only end up hurting yourself, one way or another, rather just walk away. By the way, have you told them directly how you feel, I mean do they know. Sometimes it takes time for the message to sink in and maybe they really do care and you are not giving them gap (just saying - sorry).
I read a lot of emotion in your message, anger, disappointment, frustration -- you feel emotionally dead because you can't feel the other feelings and I know exactly what you mean but believe me this will pass, you must hang in there and don't do anything you will regret. Wanting to kill someone for irritating you is a normal feeling but don't act on it, flow with it and let it out in some way. (Not sure myself how yet, but good luck and hope you feel better soon).
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired