Question
Posted by: gregg | 2005/11/21

junk binge vs moderated consumption

hi there

i am a 25 year old who undertook a complete lifestyle change six months ago. i go to gym, avoid drugs, only eat healthy foods etc etc... i am good at controlling what i eat,, but not very good at moderation....ie its low-fat low-sugar and super healthy or the total opposite. this means i have an occasional junk food binge involving pastries, cakes and chocolate. my question is this: in terms of long-term weight loss, is it more effective to eat smaller portions of sugar/fat-rich foods every day or one larger (but the equivalent volume) once a week or fortnight?

Dear Gregg
I am glad that you have switched over to a healthy lifestyle. If you are not on a slimming diet to lose weight then you can certainly have the occasional pastry, cake or chocolate. If you are trying to also lose weight then you will see if you read my reply to Marian below, that high-energy-high-fat foods are most seductive and can completely derail your intent to stay on a slimming diet. So just eat the less healthy foods in moderation and not every day if you are not trying to lose weight.

1
Posted by: anni | 2005/11/21

In your a\case .. I defintely think u should add the baddies in a moderate fashion ... you won't feel deprived of anything, and you wont have the urge to overeat

Reply to anni