Question
Posted by: Faggot | 2007/07/26

Juan Uys

So at long last Juan Uys, con artist de lux was caught and hey they now link him to all kinds of nonsense, including a murder of his ex boyfriend in Kroonstad and even the Sizzlers murders and a website against gay men and lots of other things, he was also the leader of the GLA and their only member (besides the fax machine) LOL, he was caught in Kroonstad and is out on bail of R2000 (a bit low for someone charged with muder?), he has caused so much k-a-k to so many people that now he must pay back. He must be in court in Cape Town on Monday 30 July, Magistrates Court, court 16, so how many of us will be there to see this happen? Any protests planned for outside the court?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Faggot and thanks for this post. I doubt there'll be any protests outside the court (what is there to protest over?) but I anticipate there will be much media interest in the case as it unfolds.

4
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/07/27

I like to add to what I said earlier. One should hate the action, and not the actor. This of course is not always the easiest way there is, neither does it ever condone what was done. I have done many things in my life that I am not proud of, some of which were outright wrong, unacceptable and mean, but some were the result circumstances as well. Again, I can never blame my circumstances and background for my "wrong actions”. My opinion is that one reach maturity when one realises what you have done, what damage was caused, and try to salvage what can be salvaged. But most importantly learn from the mistakes and try to convey your experiences to others. Maybe we should let Justice be the Judge and Jury on this guy, and then we might understand why he did what he did. Not that his actions can ever be condoned though.

Have a fab weekend

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: anon | 2007/07/27

I don't know his full story (who does), but I'm not sure society has to take the rap for all his decisions.

If (and when) we crack due to pressure, illness, prejudice or just 'Life', it's our responsibility to go and seek help - not destroy a bunch of strangers' lives in fictitious blogs or commit fraud.

We want to be treated just the same as anyone else - well then we have to live by the same rules. His actions do not appear to be out of desperation, but rather out of malice.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/07/27

With you on that one LONEWOLF,

Sadly society and ignorance breeds lots of trouble sometimes

His story could be an eye opener to the kind of prejudice people get subjected to and finally crack as a means of defense.

Nikki

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/07/27

I actually feel sorry for him in a strange way. He must be a very sick person.

Reply to LONEWOLF