Question
Posted by: Anel | 2004/01/15

Joints cracking

Hi. My joints (knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows mostly) crack very easily. E.g. When i bend or kneel, my knees will usually crack, without any extra manipulation or intent on my part. My back, neck and jaw are also suscepible to cracking although not as often. Is this something to be concerned about? This condition has been present for a number of years, although it is sometimes less pronounced that others. It is not painful. I am 26, and moderately active. I have been told by friends and colleagues that I should be taking flax seed oil, or a similar supplement.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

This is not necessarily very serious, and indeed diet may play a role in the elasticity of ligaments and muscles. A visit to a nutritionist may be a good idea. A chiropractor could also examine and advise you appropriately.