Question
Posted by: Jeanne | 2007/07/15

Joint pains and other problems.

Hello there!

Over the past year I have had pain in my elbows and knees.However lately the pain is so bad that it is effecting my daily life and I have to plan my day that I dont drive to much or do too many chores etc.I have to decline invites or make excuses as friends say I look healthy but the reality is Im in HELL.I havent gone to a G.P. as I havent found a GP who I feel comfortable with.I dont know who to go to?Have you any ideas?I also have stomach pains.I was told a couple of years ago I had IBS but the diagnosis was so "quick" that Im wondering if the IBS has lead to something worse now?If I get pains I self-medicate and take Syndols.Lately Im drinking brandy in everything to dull the pains all over.It worries me as I have an addictive personality.Any suggestions?Can you recommend any doctors to me as I have included my email?I dont want to mention my suburb yet.Thanx.

Hi Jeanne
Unfortunately I can't email to you, but I think you should see a specialist - preferably a rheumatologist - look on easyinfo.co.za under medical for one near you.