Question
Posted by: dolphin | 2005/07/15

joint Pain

I have been having knee trouble since i was in 5th grade which has been awhile ago. I have been to multifple doctors for the knee pain. They mostly hurt when it is going to storm outside? They say it is tendonistis and another doctor told me something else but i do not remember what is was called. I went to therapy and did my exercises but it is not working. I got a exercise machine at home for weight lifting and some days i can hardly do the weight i normally do cause it hurts. My knees do alot of creeking when i squat and stand up again. Do i have artritis?
what doctor could i see for this trouble?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Dolphin

You need to see an orthopaedic surgeon to get a proper diagnosis. Your pain could be caused by a multiple of factors. It could osteo-arthritis or simply a previous injury that did not heal properly. If it is arthritis, I would recommend you see a biokineticist, which will prescribe specific exercise to relieve the symptoms of your condition. I also recommend you see a dietician, as diet may influence the condition as well.