Posted by: Concerned | 2008/06/10

Joint Custody moving Provinces

I moved from Gauteng after my divorce with my 18th mnth baby. 2 1/2 years later i moved back to Gauteng. I now want to return to the province I moved to but my ex is fighting me as we have joint custody. We have all been assessed by a pyshcologist who now wants a home visit to see my child's living environment. Is this normal. What does making a decision of whether it is better for the child to stay in Gauteng or move have to do with a house visit

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I'm not sure that any specific content to an assessment is laid down. IF a psychologiost wants to be thorough and feels that it would help him / her to understand the situation better, a home visit is probably fairly unusual, but not unheard of, and could be very reasonable. On such a visit one can see quite a bit about the housing situation, how the child is in his normal home surroundings ( compared with how he is in the shrinks office )l and so on. If you oppose such a visit, it might look as though you had something to hide, even if you didn't

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.