Question
Posted by: Piet | 2007/12/03

Joint Custody

Hallo daar, ek en my x meisie is nou 2 maande uitmekaar. Sy is swanger met my kind maar se dat ek nooit my kind sal sien na die geboorte nie. Ek het al alles probeer om met haar te praat en te probeer regmaak sodat ons die kind kan groot maak maar niks werk nie. Is die wet in my kant ook sodat ek my kind kan sien eendag?

OK, Piet, I dobn't know what the cause might be of this extreme bitterness she seems to be expressing, and you DO need to get a good legal opinion soon ( even at the Magistrate's court they may be able to advise you usefully ) I don't think she is allowed, in law, to prevent you from seeing your child, and the Courts are required to consider such maters from the point of view of what is best for the child --- and should never agree to exclude a father from his child just because the mother is feeling bitter and wants to punish him.