Question
Posted by: versha | 2007/04/02

joint and muscular pain and stiffness

am a woman in my early thirties and have recently moved to a city where it rains a lot from a hot city. since I have moved here, i have started having joint stiffness and joint pain such as ankles knees and hip joint. Also I feel pain in the middle of my palms and my feet. Can it be arthirites? I feel I am too young to have arthrities.. After period of inactivity, i feel my knees lock making them hard to move. At times,after some activity the joints improves but somtimes the joints as well muscles hurt.such as after scrubbing tiles or a 20 min walk. . is it just weather change or am I developing arthirites

Dear Versha
No it would not be the weather - see a GP and ask him to do some blood tests for Rheumatoid Arthritis or outo-immune joint diseases and refer you to a rheumatologist if needed. (This is not the same as the arthritis old people get)

Look on this website: http://arthritis.about.com/