Question
Posted by: D | 2007/05/07

Joining medihelp scheme if pregnant

I would like to join the Medihelp Medical Scheme, but I am already 11 weeks pregnant. Will this be a problem? Will my pregnancy be covered or excluded?

Try the Medical AId expert or find out from Medihelp.

1
Posted by: Nikita | 2007/05/08

I had the same problem..

You won't get Maternity benefits and you won't be covered for the birth of the baby. But the minute the baby is born, you call your medical scheme, they'll put the baby on, than the baby can get the benefits from the medical scheme.

So you have an option of paying cash for the delivery of the baby or go to a government Hospital. Paying cash will cost you approximately 10 000 - 13 000 (if there's no complications). And your gynae visits will be cash as well.

Hope this helps

Reply to Nikita