Question
Posted by: help | 2008/07/09

job making me fat

My job is making me fat. I am so bored here and all I can think of is food. We keep snacks in the office, so it is just so easy to reach for food when I feel like this. What do I do??

Stop keeping snacks in the office, and when you feel bored and like a snack, get up and go to the building's stairs, and run up and down a few stories of stairs.

6
Posted by: lou | 2008/07/10

every thought of changing jobs finding something that makes you get up and go something where you wont be bored- why not put your cv out there and see what comes up - why stay somewhere that is boring - and as for the eating thing - you can remove all tempation but the craving will still be there because there is an underlying meaning i.e. boredom so fix the boredom and the tempation will disappear - if you like the company maybe approach your boss to see if there is additional work or more brain power work that you can do - maybe there are vacancies in other divisions

Reply to lou
Posted by: BB | 2008/07/10

I feel the same.
we have a vending machine downstairs with all kinds of junk.
I dont bring any money to work whatsoever, not R2 even and not even a bank card, so i cant be tempted to buy anything.

I bring some fruit & a cup a soup for the day & snack on that when I feel like something junky
Otherwise when the cravings come on I get up, go pour glass of water or make a cup of tea.

I am in my own office though, so i dont have the extra temptation of watching everyone ele stuff their faces!

Reply to BB
Posted by: Nel | 2008/07/10

Try munch on carrot sticks, grapes, cut up apples etc... I do that to avoid eating the wrong things. You will fat, then depressed... so stop before it gets that far.

R - you comments are uncalled for!

Reply to Nel
Posted by: Rosey | 2008/07/09

Well obviously if everyone else keeps snacks in the office this person can't just avoid snacks. That's like dieting while working at a sweet shop. Just listen to your body. If it's hungry and needs sugar at the time, then have some. And if you don't exercise start with 10 minutes of jogging/cycling three times a week. Then gradually increase the time.

Reply to Rosey
Posted by: R | 2008/07/09

Stop being a little piggie and stop snacking all the time. It is not that difficult. Pull yourself together saddle bags!!

Reply to R
Posted by: Richard | 2008/07/09

Stop snacking Carla....

Reply to Richard