Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/11/23

Job advice

Hi Everyone,

My bursary obligation ends in December, and it's my choice if I want to stay with the company. In all honesty, I'm in such a comfort zone, it's not even funny. The company treats me really well financially, but when it comes to the actual work I do and the people I work with, I'm frustrated out of my mind! Another sleepless night, left me wondering if this work has contributed to the sleepless nights and generally whats going on with me right now. I'm wondering if I'm not running away from the lazy "pass-the-buck" colleagues only to find it happens everywhere? I don't know! At the moment, I'm thinking of posting my CV just to see if I get any response. Perhaps there's a hard lesson out there that I have yet to learn?

Well, there's something to be said for Comfort Zones. They're so darn, well, comfortable, aren;t they ? Can't you usefully discuss this with HR or someone senior in the company, and see if there's room for promotion and/or some job enrichment ? Maybe bno harm in exploring alternatives, tactfully, too.

1
Posted by: Dude | 2004/11/23

Hi there...

work in general does get shyte after a few years... hence the word work...

If you done with your studies and are sitting in a good spot then follow the little bird proverb...

the little bird that flew the wrong way and instead of going into summer he went into winter... eventually he got tired and cold, his little wings gave in and he fell to the ground only to land in some warm cow plop... he couldn't smell because his nose was numb ;) the warm plop kept him safe from the cold... he was so happy to be cozy that he began to chirp.... then a cat heard him and ate him...

best of luck with whatever u do ...

Cheers
Dude

Reply to Dude