Question
Posted by: Bêbê | 2005/11/17

Job Accepted

Good day to all of you here, I have this problem that I have completed my three months probation and I've been welcomed here but I know for a fact that I cannot actually cut it here.

It's more than I'm qualified for. Do I stick it out till they find it out or do I tell them or do I look for another job ?

Sue2 is right --- discuss your concerns with your boss, and see if they can, for instance, offer some extra training to help you become more confident and competent at the work. Maybe you are excessively self-critical ?

6
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/17

how have you managed during your three months probation?... surely if you couldn't cut it then they would have picked that up by now?....... that's the whole reason for a probation...... perhaps you're not feeling confident right now.... but it seems like this company has confidence in you....... i'd stick around for a while and see how things pan out.... i am sure you can learn alot as you go along....... of course... i am assuming that you haven't qualified as a GP and are now doing neurosurgery or something :-)...........

Reply to ...
Posted by: Carol | 2005/11/17

I have exactly the same problem .. my boss however is OCPD and im battling to cope with him ... surely there is more to life than measuring that address labels are dead centre in the middle of an envelope !!! im a qualified bookeeper for petes sake .... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/17

Honesty is the best policy..... tell you boss that you really like the job and all, but that you fear you wont be able to cope as well as you have to. Perhaps you two can come to an agreement so that you can still work there and have his/her support.

Reply to Sue 2
Posted by: Paul | 2005/11/17

If you cant make it fake it and pick it up as you go along, how did you do on your 3 months
?

Reply to Paul
Posted by: crimsonkc | 2005/11/17

What makes you think you can't cut it?

Reply to crimsonkc
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/17

Haai ou skapie. Try some tryning first.

Reply to Frosty