Question
Posted by: Jealous | 2004/11/11

Jealous how do I control it?

I'm married for 10 yrs, but I'm very jealous. I know it's not right but I can't help it.
It's not just girls, is everything and everybody. Friends, family, people he works with... WHY???

How can I change???

Will a psychologist/Psychiatrist help me with these feelings or insecurities???

I need help urgently please!!!

Yes, a counsellor / psychiatrist CAn help one deal with insecurities, low self-esteem and excessive jealousy. You CAN change if you want to, and you already recognize how imprtant it is to make that change. DO arrange to see a good local shrink to work on this, as the results could be pleasant and merciful for you and others ! v

3
Posted by: piet | 2004/11/11

Kernel and other
kernel writes "Jealousy stems from a low self esteem. Because you doubt yourself, you doubt your partner and accuse him/her of all sorts of things. Counseling would definately help."

I have been to therepists several times in the past five years to deal with jealousy and low self esteem. what can i do to help myself build a strong self esteem and stop being jealousy with my wife of 5 years? Help

Reply to piet
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/11/11

It is hell to have a jealous partner. Everything is questioned, checked and filed in memory for use in future quarrels. Facts are changed and modified to make you look guilty, even the most innocent event.

Jealousy stems from a low self esteem. Because you doubt yourself, you doubt your partner and accuse him/her of all sorts of things. Counseling would definately help.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Diablo | 2004/11/11

Ek wens my vrou was so jaloers op my,ek dink dis nogal nice om te weet 'n persoon voel so oor jou.Ek dink dis waar die woord "feeling wanted" in kom.
As jy voel dit is te veel vir jou kan jy berader gaan sien en gewoonlik kan jy deur jou plaaslike kerk werk en hulle sal jou verwys of die duur roete gaan vir R250.00 per uur en gewoonlik se hulle vir jou net wat jy wil hoor of dinge wat jy al klaar weet.

Sterkte.

Reply to Diablo