Question
Posted by: MANDY | 2004/10/27

JAUNDERS

I AM 4 MONTHS PREGNANT AND WE HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAVE YELLOW JAUNDERS - HE IS 27. IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO VISIT HIM? I DON'T WANT TO GO IF IT'S CONTAGEOUS.

If your friend has Hepatitis, you should stay away as it is very contagious.

1
Posted by: CJ | 2004/10/27

Ask your GP, as far as i know their are 3 strands of Hypatitis, 2 of them aren't contagious, but the other one is i think it is A that is the lethal one, if his got that strand you stay far away and tell the friend that he is not to come near you until it is over as it could harm your baby if you got it!
Check with your GP though that is the best way to find out!

Reply to CJ