Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2007/12/18

Jasmin info by GP true or false?

Hello!

Ive been on yasmin for the last month for the first time. My Gp explained everything to me, saying that I may experience spotting the first month after about 14 days. This happened, but I also started bleeding after I started taking the placebo pills. She said that this was fine. She also told me that I was still at risk during the time when I took the pills from the silver section. I want to know if this is true, because Ive asked my other friends who are on yasmin if they were also told of this, and they were'nt. They assured me that I am protected throughout the entire month. Is this true? Or is there a specific time during my cycle on yasmin that i would still be at risk of falling pregnant? Please advise me about this, because I have heard of some cases where women have gotten pregnant whilst on the pill. So when is the dangerous time where it could still happen?

Thank You for your great advice!

Jennifer

You are protected throughout the month on Yasmin if you take it correctly.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/19

You should be protected the whole month, like Sue says. However the pill is not 100%, a small percentage of women fall pregnant anyway.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Sue | 2007/12/19

This is not true, you are covered for the entire cycle on yasmin.

The only time you might fall pregnant is if you dont take it properly

Reply to Sue