Question
Posted by: Mel | 2007/04/12

Jackie with Billary

Thanx for the replies on my post yesterday!

My poor little baby is still not looking well... he looks even weaker this morning.. be really battled to get out of his bed, walks two or three steps and lies down again..
Gaby, normally he yelps when he gets jabbed but he was so weak he didnt even moan when the vet gave him the shots so i dont know if he got those same ones... His neck must be sore though cause he cant lift his head much!
Kate, I have him and the female on Advantix so im not sure what the heck happened.. we have moved and the yard seems to be infested.. not much fleas just ticks.. what else would be better to use?

Im so worried about him, but hes going back to the vet today to get more jabs.. just hope he makes it!

Thanx guys!

The Advantix should sort the ticks out. Hope he recovers soon.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2007/04/12

Hi Mel.
Sorry to hear your little guy is still so weak.
Billary can be fatal, see what the vet says today - I know that they can do a blood transfusion if necessary.
My neighbours have ticks yet we do not, not to sure how or why that happens - I do know that ticks are very difficult to get rid of - even burning your grass does not get rid of them.
Perhaps you could have your garden and under your house sprayed, it costs a pretty penny but you are going to pay that any way every time your dogs get sick.
I use preventic collars on my dogs when I take them to the farm but with most of these products the tick has got to bite the dog in order to get "poisoned" but it is the bite that transmits the disease - but hey they do work 90% of the time.

Oh and ask your vet about some "Heptonic" it is a vitaminn tonic for dogs recovering from billary.

Good luck and keep us posted

Reply to Kate