Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/13

Ja, SR - you and Joanne E are so altogether

The two of you (and a few others) are so level-headed. I wish I could give advice the way you do. I wonder how your lives are, where you live, what you do for a living. I love wondering about people in general.

Joanne E, you remind me of Me. I tend to put important things ( which I never really lose ) in a safe place --- and then I lose the safe place !
I'm not sure than any of us have any real capacity for learning, unless we are capable of laughing at ourselves.

10
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/13

Thats right, I forgot about Intenso - very clever person too

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: quotation | 2005/07/13

One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything.
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
(1742 - 1799)

Reply to quotation
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/13

Unfortunately I need a lot of training to cub the sarcasm that comes out without my even meaning to these days. But really, I'm actually a kitten inside.

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/13

I'm glad that someone else thinks that my postings are funny. I try to write things in a light-hearted, frequently humorous, manner. Perhaps gaining wisdom is also part of laughing at yourself sometimes?

Reply to Liza
Posted by: SR | 2005/07/13

You forgot about Intenso, now there is a woman with much wisdom

Reply to SR
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/13

So you saying if it doesn't kill us it makes us stronger, Q?

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: quotation | 2005/07/13

Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience.
James Boswell, Life of Samuel Johnson, 1791
Scottish author & biographer (1740 - 1795)

Reply to quotation
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/07/13

Ja, Liza, I was reading your comment earlier on this morning about the ex and the kids and I smiled to myself about your trials and tribulations. Was gonna say something sort of funny but didnt really know what to say. You amuse me at times with your postings.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/13

They say that wisdom comes from experience. So those that often make the wrong choices, but learn from them and don't make the same mistakes again gain lots of wisdom. I've banged my head a couple of times. It would help if I didn't bang them on the same places though ;)

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/13

Me? I'm a total porridge brain. I write things down to remember and then I lose the paper! But thanks, doll!

Reply to Joanne E