Our expert says:
BEFORE treatment begins:
Before starting treatment, couples should try to do the following:
· Make sure that finances are in order.
· Shop around for the best treatment prices and treatment success rates·(Contact different clinics)
Build relationships with health care providers (for example, try to speak to the same nurse as often as
· Arrange for flexible work hours.
· Determine the busiest time of day at the fertility center and ask to schedule appointments or phone
calls at another time.
· Establish a support system.
· Talk to others who have gone through similar treatments.
· Identify stress-relieving techniques that work (for example, walking, relaxation techniques, joining a
support group, or seeing an infertility counselor).
· Recruit a back-up person to administer injections.
WHEN treatment begins
When treatment begins, patients should try to do the following:
· Utilize the stress relieving techniques you have previously identified.
· Drink at least six to eight glasses of water every day.
· Eat three nutritious meals a day (discuss special dietary concerns with a nurse or doctor).
· Keep your partner involved throughout the treatment by having him/her mix medications, give
injections, and/or go to appointments.
· Curb smoking and alcohol consumption (better yet, stop altogether).
· Take a folic acid supplement and prenatal vitamins.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.