Question
Posted by: snoopy | 2004/10/14

ivf - painfull intercourse

I am going to have IVF done - beginning of November. Intercourse at this stage is painfull - like a burning sensation - is there something wrong - an infection maybe? is there something safe that I can use to treat infection that will not influence the IVF procedure?

Please advise -

Are you lubricated enough. If not then simple lubrication is all you need.If there is a bad discharge as well then see a gynae and treatment would not affect the IVF outcome.

1
Posted by: Sun | 2004/10/14

Hi Snoopy

They will do an infection test and if there is something they will give you medication to clear it up before the aspiration.

Otherwise speak to your RE now to get it sorted before the IVF.

Good Luck on your IVF
Sun

Reply to Sun