Question
Posted by: wondering | 2004/12/02

ivf ladies - femodene contraseptive and ivf

if I start on Femodene to enable me to plan my ivf for January - can I skip the inactive pills and continue with a new packets active pills for another week to start my period a week later so that it can fall in my leave time - will this be ok - or should I rather have my period after 28 days.

I am not sure why you are taking Femodene if you are having IVF. The Femodene will inhibit ovulaiton.

3
Posted by: tessa | 2004/12/02

ask your gynae - he will know best!

Reply to tessa
Posted by: wondering | 2004/12/02

I am only going early January - My son is starting grade 1 and I want to time my ivf at the same time - so that i can be at home - it is only 3 or 4 days that I want to extend

Reply to wondering
Posted by: Sun | 2004/12/02

My RE gave me the pill to bring on my period before my IVF and he told me to take 2 a day and I got my period after 11 days.
Speak to your RE he will tell you what to do

Good Luck
Sun

Reply to Sun