Question
Posted by: curious | 2004/11/10

ivf implantation

Dear Doc, a stupid question but I was wondering-
In ivf if they transfer the embrio/s back into your womb - how does it stay in there - when you look at your period - blood just flows out - I know you have to be still - but you still need to go to the toilet- walk/stand up etc
i am going for ivf and was just wondering what happens to the ebmrio up / untill implantation

Hope H's reply has helped.

1
Posted by: H | 2004/11/10

After transfer they will put the bottom of your bed up and you have to lie with your knees up and closed for an hour. If you need to go to the loo then they bring you a bed pan. After that you can go home but avoid any excercise or over exerting yourself for a few days.
I also wondered how it stayed in but if it is succesful then it does! I know lots who it worked for so it must stay in!
Best of luck and baby dust to you!

Reply to H