Question
Posted by: TASSIE | 2004/10/12

ivf - first time failure

is it true that ivf usually does not work the first time - I am going early november and I my nerves are killing me - please advise - any first timers out there - and was it one or twins? there is no problem with my eggs or hubbies sperm - but I had a laparascopic sterilization after my son -4 years ago( - I know - silly me - )

It could work the first time. The number depends on how many embryos are replaced.

1
Posted by: Sun | 2004/10/12

I have just been through my first IVF. The process was successful but I had a miscarraige.
Most clinics will only put 2 embies back and whether they take and you get pg depends on so many factors, there are no gurantees. But I do know a few people where it worked first time. Sorry I cannot give you a definite answer

Good Luck
Sun

Reply to Sun