Question
Posted by: toit | 2004/11/23

ivf c section

I would just like to know - I am going for IVF soon and heard that twins are quite common. I have a son 7 years born by c section -

would it be safe to expect twins if you had a c section - does it not put strain on the wound -( I looked like Oros Man) with my son (Had my tubes tied - now need to have IVF done)

You can have twins if you have had a previous caesarean, but you would have to have another caesarean rather than a normal birth.

2
Posted by: toit | 2004/11/24

I will have a c section again - I was just wondering about the pressure on the cut while you are pregnant

Reply to toit
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/24

Toit,

Your chances of expecting twins naturally is one in 80 while chances of twins after IVF is one in 40 (double the likelihood)!

If you do expect twins the doc will most probably advise birth by c-section again. However it is possible to have natural birth after c-section.

Good luck with the IVF. Will be going in Jan. 2005 myself. Please keep us posted about your experiences!

Reply to Golly