Question
Posted by: landi | 2004/10/20

ivf-blood test day 3

can anyone tell me - I am going for IVF soon and was told by the clinic to go for a blood test on the 3rd day of my period - even if it is on a Sunday! what are they looking for - Hormone levels?

DAY 3 FSH to see what your ovarian reserve is. Could help plan the cycle and predict response

1
Posted by: Justine | 2004/10/20

Hi landi

They normally do all the blood tests to test your hormones, this can also tell them where you are in your cycle as well as if you have or will be ovulating soon. As you go through the IVF program you will still be doing a lot of blood tests, to test your E2, Progesterone and other things.

Hope this helps

Take care
Justine

Reply to Justine