Question
Posted by: landi | 2004/10/15

ivf - any positives???

all the IVF questions/answers all seem so negative - I have only read about failures - is there any people that had any luck with IVF - fell pregnant and had a baby without any troubles? I am going on the 1st of November, and I am trying so hard to be positive - but it is so hard if you only hear about the negative!
Any "positives" out there to encourage us "wannabe IVF's"?

There are definitely positives. Chances could be as high as 40%

2
Posted by: landi | 2004/10/18

Thanks Nix and Doc - you made my day!

Reply to landi
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/17

Hi Landi,

My friend had stage 4 endo and numerous laps to remove cysts and scarring (as well as a bowel resection). She had 5 IUI's before moving onto IVF.

Her first IVF was successful!! She decided to have 3 embryos put back to increase her chances of falling pregnant and all three took! She now has 7 month old triplets (all boys). She said she would not recommend anyone put three back, triplets are not ideal (they were born at 29 weeks and were in ICU for 3 months). The fertillty clinics normally put only 2 back unless you sign for more, but its not recommended.

There are lots of success stories of IVF working. Just be positive and remember that the reason you read so many negative stories are here is because people who ask questions are usually the ones having problems.

Good Luck!!
Nix
x

Reply to Nix