Question
Posted by: chix | 2006/07/19

ivf and pelvic tuberculosis

After 2 yrs of ttcing I have discovered by laparoscopy that I have had query - pelvic tuberculosis. My dr has sent biopsy to pathology and awaiting results.
Abdomen covered in white cacifications from underneath liver to pelvis. White spots on outside of fallopian tubes, "fingers" of fallopian tubes and cling film type adhesions are constricting my reproductive organds together. Dr did not want to carry out adhesiolysis incase of disturbing the old infection but would like to do this after pathology results come back. We are good candidates for IVF as have good ovaries with good ovarian reserve and healthy uterus. Hub has good quality semen. How will the pelvic tuberculosis be treated and what impact will it have on IVF? Thanks

Your tuberculosis would need to be treated first and this requires a long course of antibiotics, at least 9=12 months. You would have to delay the IVF till after this.