Question
Posted by: sd | 2007/05/30

IUI

Dear Doc,

I am having my first round of IUI next month. My gynae has put me on 75 ml Gonal F with regular scanning and then the pregynl shot when I am ready. Does it matter what day I start taking the injections. And is 75ml of Gonal F a high dosage? Would 2 inseminations be more beneficial in that one cycle than one insemination.

Dear SD

The dosage and protocol to be used is standard and appropriate. In your situation where ovulation is to be induced by pregnyl I would suggest that one insemination is sufficient depending obviously on sperm parameters.