Question
Posted by: MC | 2003/12/15

IUD & PG

I had an IUD fitted after my baby was born in May. I have just done a home pregnancy test and its positive. I'm really scared as I understand that I am now at a very high risk for either a miscarriage or an ectopic pg. Please could you provide me with more information.

If you need figures for miscarriage/ectopic, I cannot give you these. You should see your doctor as soon as possible to check that the pregnancy is in the uterus and not the tube. Early on in the pregnancy, it is sometimes best to remove the IUCD. The miscarriage risk is there whether or you remove the IUCD or leave it.