Question
Posted by: Aquelle | 2006/04/20

IUD-contraceptive

hi

im 23 and gave birth 9months ago.
am still breastfeeding
what types of contraceptives can i use?
i dont really want to use pills or injections can you please give me info on the iud.
do you have to use pills together with iud?
not condoms pls
i am also worried abut weight gain
am in a trusting relationship
thx

Have a look under Contraception on this website. There is information on the different types of contraception.

1
Posted by: SP™ | 2006/04/20

I use copper T IUD, but ther is IUD that does not have copper and Mirena as well.

its recomended for people who have given birth at least once. its inserted anytime during your periods by a gynae. for the 1st 6 months your periods become heavy and you spot as well in between. after your first periods after the insertion, go for a check up to check if its still in place thereafter you can relax. you can remove it when you want to conceive again. it can be kept for a period of 5 years inside you.

its 98% safe so you need to use pills.

Reply to SP™