Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/04/23

**itting myself

i start chemotherapy on thursday, im extremely nervous about it, i have been to the Cancer centre and spoken to them and they were very kind and reassuring etc. i dont know what im more worried about, the treatment itsself or the after effects. i have been having nightmares about it for the last week. I will be having a course of 6 chemo tratments over the next 8 weeks.

Dear Bleeding
You are quite normal and sane to be scared of chemo - one hears such horror stories! It may help to know that the chemo they use these days are much more refined, tumour specific and have less side effects although it may not be pleasant while you are getting it! Just remember that the staff working in the chemotherapy unit knows what to expect and will give you medicine to make you feel better and to work against the side effects. Before you know it will be over and done with.
Hang in there - if you get very disheartened, talk to us on the forum, and we'll try to carry you through!
Thinking of you specially on Thursday.