Question
Posted by: batgirl | 2007/08/16

its amazing

ive been looking at this site for some time now, and its amazing when you read through everyones problems, you see that we are not alone. its also weird how most gay people have more negative things to say on this site than positive, dont mean it in a bad way, but what i mean is that we have life hard (no pun intended), we either have (like me) parents who dont accept us, work struggles, being looked at weirdly, struggle to find the same sex who is interested in us and then guys who think that they can have sex with us and we will suddenly realise we are missing out., trying to find a way to have children, its a whole process, but at least things are getting brighter, if we compare our lives to those who grew up before the 90's, as time goes on, im sure that walking holding your girlfriends hand will be as natural as eating an ice cream in public. i have been engaged to my girlfriend for 2 years and we have been dating for 3, i want my parents to accept it, but they think i am sick. what i dont understand is this: if someone really loves you, dont they want you to be happy regardless? because i have been bought up christian, i am scared of death, and hell, guess death because im afraid like in the bible, that if i am gay i will go to hell. BUT THEN at least i lived happy!!! anyway i am conflicted, how can God put someone in hell whos only sin was love?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

A warm welcome to you BatGirl and thanks for posting.... Great responses and I have nothing to add.

8
Posted by: batgirl | 2007/08/17

i feel much better. thanks guys

Reply to batgirl
Posted by: ????? | 2007/08/16

i like thev way you people think!!!!

Reply to ?????
Posted by: TeenQueen | 2007/08/16

Let's look at it this way: You were created my God. You were born with your sexuality as an intricate part of you. Therefore God made you gay and you have a purpose in life as do we all. God doesn't make mistakes and She doesn't create anything She hates.

Biologically speaking gay people and animals aren't suppose to reproduce. That is the biological function. I say F*** the biology. Have children if you want. I know I do. When I have my daughter I'll teach her exactly this. God doesn't create anything She hates or doesn't have a plan for. You're not sick. Homosexuality was taken off the list of mental illness about thirty years ago.

In no religious text is there any mention that homosexuals go to hell. Not one. 1 because love is not a sin, 2 (in the Christian faith, but I believe applicable everywhere) If you believe that God is life, you will live forever in peace.

The great French philoshopher Jean-Paul Sartre said "Hell is other people." I'm inclined to agree with him. If you remove all the people that give you hell, it is a sort of heaven, if you get my drift.

With refferance to Abraham, I remember God stopped him and gave him a goat to sacrifice instead. He and his so sacrificed the goat together.

Here's a quote from the Bible to prove that you're going to heaven if you believe in God's love for you
12For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. Matthew 19:12

Any other questions feel free to ask. I love discussing the whole religion thing.
;-)

Reply to TeenQueen
Posted by: NIkki | 2007/08/16

Batgirl,

I would tend to think that when looking in the mirror you will see and find all the love there is to find.

If each human being can love him/her self and want only the best for him/her and not be judged by others then that very person should not judge others either.

I also want to believe the hell is now, here on this earth where hate and judgement reigns and heaven comes the day I die and sleep forever. Now that is peace ........

xxxxxxx
Nikki

Reply to NIkki
Posted by: NIkki | 2007/08/16

Batgirl,

xxxxxxx
Nikki

Reply to NIkki
Posted by: T | 2007/08/16

The Divine is beyond us by its' very nature. :) What I mean is that we cannot understand the Divine. And all this crap about us being condemned is what people understand about the Divine - not what the Divine truly is. There are many passages in the Bible where the authors try and explain how much the Divine loves us - "can a mother forget her children, or a woman the child of her womb?" is one of them, but there are others.

Whatever people have taught you, it's wrong. :) The Divine loves us, and wants a relationship with us. And nothing stands in the way, except our own fears ...

:D

T

Reply to T
Posted by: batgirl | 2007/08/16

thats what i think, im just scared im wrong, then again Abraham had to kill his oldest son as a test to God, mayby he was crazy and the voices where in his head

Reply to batgirl
Posted by: T | 2007/08/16

Why should the Divine put anyone in hell whose only "sin" has been love?

:)

Reply to T