Question
Posted by: Gail | 2003/02/25

ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocyclaemia Perpura)

I have found a lot of information on ITP on a website called Itppeople.com but would like to have names of Doctors in the Gauteng Area specialising in ITP and the treatment thereof.

Gail, the best person to ask would be your GP as he will know who the expert in your area is. If you’re willing to come to Pretoria I can refer you to someone. Good luck.

1
Posted by: kea | 2003/02/25

my daughter of 11 was diagonosed about 4/5 years ago with itp. When she was rushed to hosp. she had a platelet count of 1 left and her veins were "bursting". But glad to say that she has fully recovered and although we have been told that we need to watch her for the next 10 years, she is up to now doing very well. Dont know what your personal situation is, but it can have a happy ending.

Reply to kea