Question
Posted by: diddi | 2007/03/23

ITCHY SKIN DURING PREGNANCY

HI Doc, firstly, i am 12 weeks pregnant and already my tummy (skin) itches alot especially at night time, even though i apply antenatal cream. Is this normal at such an early stage? Secondly, i have such a funny taste in my mouth lately that i have to take a mint sweet to take it away, but comes back afterwards.

The funny taste is normal. Itchy skin without a rash is common. Try Bio-oil as the others have suggested.

2
Posted by: Lish | 2007/03/24

Am 22 weeks & my skin just itches like hell. Trying bio-oil for tummy- just waiting for it to work!!! Use Johnsons Dry Skin Lotion for other body parts..

Reply to Lish
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/23

It's because your skin is starting to stretch, put some bio oil on, in pregnancy your skin will become dry.

Reply to Echelle