Posted by: Hil | 2008/07/09

Itchy Skin

For the last week, I have had a problem with itchy skin - it comes and goes in various areas including my neck, arms, thighs, torso, shoulders etc. There is no visible rash. As soon as I scratch, the area comes up in hives. As soon as one area calms down, another gets itchy.

I have not changed soaps, detergents cosmetics or anything like that, nor nor have I eaten anything different. I have also tried moisturising more in case the problem is dry skin, but that hasn't really helped. I have taken antihistamines, namely Allergex, but they dont do much either...

Please help!!!

Dear Hil
If it makes Hives, it probably has an allergic cause. It could be the dry weather that makes your skin more sensitive. Try using a good emolient like UEA - and try Loratidine at night in stead of Allergex - it works for longer. If you still have symptoms, you may need to see your doctor for a prescription for short term cortisone tablets.

Posted by: mdokisi | 2008/08/16

got a problem  my skin itches terreble after each bath/shower ..this last for about 5 minutes ...there is no rash at all

Reply to mdokisi