Question
Posted by: BB in Oz | 2004/02/12

Itchy skin

Hi CD

I'm going crazy. My skin is crawling - I'm sure of it. I can't get an appointment with my doctor until Monday, and I'll go nuts before then. If possible, SMS a message to me as I'll be out of the office from 12pm Friday.

Originally I thought the bumps were from insect bites, typical look and symptoms. There are also a few large red patches. And everything itches. They are mostly on my lower legs, ankles, and forearms. Now it's spreading to my thighs.

I noticed the "bites" on Saturday morning, and each day, there are more spots, and they're all very itchy.
Yesterday morning I also woke with a pounding headache, something I rarely suffer from.

The only thing I can think of that's different in my diet...
1. Changed to Soy milk
2. Consumed wine, all in moderation since Friday, as opposed to whiskey. I've not had wine in months.

Could this be an allergy to something? HELP!!!

The soon to be crazy BB

BB, it sounds like an allergy and it might be due to the sulphur content of the wine. You can try taking an antihistamine like Phenergan®, but if it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Actually, see someone else because this one sounds like a grade A PITA as he doesn’t want to make time for someone that has a severe allergy. This kind of thing wouldn’t happen in SA... Good luck.