Question
Posted by: Jane | 2004/09/24

Itchy Rash after exercise

I get little red bumps all over my thighs after heavy exercise such as jogging. only started recently, not before. They are VERY itchy and when scratching the whole area becomes very red. I have heard some people are allergic to cardio exercise and could even be fatal !!!?? PLease don't let it be me, I love exercising. I also get a similar rash on the inside of my wrists.

Jane, I doubt that you’re allergic to exercise, it is probably just the sweat irritating the skin. You can try something like sportslube before you exercise and see if that doesn’t prevent it from happening. Good luck.