Question
Posted by: Gloria | 2007/04/23

Itchy nose

My boy of 4 1/2 years old is suffering with an itchy nose.
This has been going on for almost a year.

He has seen plenty of doctors before but with no luck and only a cupboard full of medication that does not work.
It gets so bad that he starts crying and rubs his nose until it bleeds.
He rubs his nose upwards and sniffs continousley.

Can you please give me some advice??

Best Regards
Gloria

Dear Gloria
As I am the Diet Expert, it is rather difficult for me to decide what could be making your son's nose so itchy. Did you take him to see an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist and did the dr do allergy tests? It is perfectly possible that he is allergic to one or more allergens (house dust, house mites, foods, animal hairs, grasses, pollen, etc, etc) and the only way to find out if this is true is for him to have the necessary allergy tests. Please take him to see an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist and ask for such tests to be done. This could, however, also be a nervous condition which may require the help of a clinical psychologist. But you will only know that, after he has been tested for allergies and none were discovered.
Hang in there