Question
Posted by: Graham | 2007/12/07

Itchy hands/arm 5 min into run.

Hi, I have been running for + - 12 years, 51 years young male.
Just recently every time I train, 5 minutes into my run my hands, wrists and arms start to itch like crazy. After + - 20 minutes it goes away.

Hi Graham

Probably circulation-related, as the body shifts blood to the skin in order to help keep your body cool. A lot of people get a kind of tingling sensation as well - it goes away over time, not only within your session, but as the body gets fitter and better adapted it doesn't happen anymore. Our understanding of this is pretty rudimentary, so can't get anymore specific than this.