Question
Posted by: Mo | 2005/11/29

Itchy & Burning feeling in virgina

I was just wondering, I had an itchy feeling in virgina about 2 days ago, it doesnt itch that much, but it does burn. When I checked it out in the bath, I could see that it was red and a little swollen on the 'lips' around the cervix(if that is the right name, the hole). I am sexually active and was wondering if it has somethign to do with that. We practice safe sex.... What could be wrong?

It could be thrush. Try Canesten pessaries.

2
Posted by: Diva | 2005/11/30

You could also be allergic to the condoms you use - the latex or lubricant. Yes, it is possible. Check with your GP or gynae.

Good luck.

Reply to Diva
Posted by: Trish | 2005/11/30

Hey Mo

I had the same problem, and it would come and go. I then noticed after some time that this only happens when I take a bubble bath. what I then did was intentionally use foam bath for one day in a week and not use it on the other days. As I had susspected, it turned out that the very next day after using foam bath I would get the symptoms that you are getting.
So I stopped using foam bath. Since I stoped, I have never had that problem. Certain soap bars can cause that as well. You must try very mild soap bars and you don't have to scrub when you was down there as this is a very delicate area. And rinse properly, if there is some soap left behind this may also cause an irritation. And opt for a shower instead of a bath.

Good Luck

Reply to Trish