Posted by: Taz | 2011/04/10

Itchy and buttocks

Hi there
I have been battling with what i think may be heat rash in the top of where my two cheeks meet of my buttocks, i think it may be due to wearing a thong in this terrible heat. i have tried the normal anti fungal creams out there and nothing has worked. Is there any good over the counter meds for this?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You can use Anthisan cream (available over the counter) and wear full 100 percent cotton briefs instead.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lady Friend | 2011/04/11

We use Caladryl Cream (pink& white box). Prob. about R20 - R30 a tube. It''s like Calamine lotion, but in a cream base. If applied on a consistant basis at least once a day (but preferably twice - morning and night), that should solve your problem quickly. For particular painful, burny rashes I use caladryl cream together with a shake &  pat of baby powder in that area, that really soothes it! You should DEFINITELY also not wear your undies at night time to let that area air. NB Tip: Put an old towel down on your sheet when sleeping, as it will stain the sheets! Good Luck and Be Consistent if you buy this - it''s always good to keep a tube of Caladryl in your house!

Reply to Lady Friend

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.