Posted by: bart | 2009/09/18

itching penis

i am an uncircumcised man, normally the day after sex with my wife my penis starts itching and there is a white discharge, especially after we' ve been a bit wild and rough. what can it be?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

your question does pose a few answers that can only be confirmed through a visit to a medical doctor. your symptoms could be from:
- a yeast infection: if it is a yeast infection, your wife would also be infected by it;
- smegma: try washing after sex to remove all the remaining semen that lies between your penis and foreskin. dry semen and skin cells compose smegma that may become an irratant to your penis
- it may be an STI.

as mentioned before, please consult a doctor for a full check-up and correct diagnosis.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2009/09/21

You may want to consider circumcision. Definitely will get rid of this problem for good. You will continue to have recurrences of this most of your life. This is a direct result of your foreskin covering your glans allowing the itching to start in an area that is most susceptible for HIV and STDs and where smegma is continually produced. As such, your symptoms will not go away unless you literally get out of bed immediately after sex and either take a shower or go and scrub your penis with soap and water. Just how romantic is that for you or your wife? You will probably have to do that all the time. I have never heard of this issue with guys who are circumcised. Much cleaner, so smegma, no smell and certainly no itch or thrush or any other STD suggested above. Circumcision is best. Well worth the end result.

Reply to Anon
Posted by: anon | 2009/09/18

Get it checked out by the doc, you dont want to mess around with infections.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Anon | 2009/09/18

Sounds like it could be Thrush, my lady and I have had the same problem, but it needs to be checked to make sure. If it is Thrush it is easily cured.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.