Question
Posted by: Renee | 2004/12/01

Itching & flaking in-thigh

Help. I have been having this itching in the fold of my thighs (near to my privates) and when I scratch something like dead skin comes off - this dead skin can occur several times in a day. This problem started when I was pregnant a year ago! I live in a hot climate coastal area. What can it be and how to get rid of it permanently?

It may be sweating which causes excoriation of the area or it could be a fungal infection. You should keep the area dry and you could try an antifungal cream.

2
Posted by: Rene | 2004/12/01

Renee,

I remembered, it was Medaspor it's about R16,95.

Rene

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Rene | 2004/12/01

A couple of weeks ago I had dry areas under my boobs that itched like hell. I went to the pharmacy and got some ointment (damn I forgot the name-I can see the tube in my mind, it is not mylocort). It is a blue and white box. It is the same stuff you put on a baby's bum if they have trush on their bum.

It is probably a bacterial infection. I applied the ointment twice a day and it worked well. You have to try and keep the area dry. Apply some talcum powder and only wear cotton panties.

If I remember what the name of the ointment is, I will let you know. Go to the pharmacy they will be able to help you.

Regards,
Rene

Reply to Rene