Question
Posted by: LUV | 2003/03/07

Itching area on vagina

I have had an itching and very uncomfortable condition on the lower left part just next to the opening of my vagina.I have treated it with thrush medication but it does not go away.It itches especially when I wear something tight and when its hot.I dont know what it is & its been 6 months now since i've had it.Doctors have only prescribed thrush medication which obviously isn't helping.Please help

If the thrush medication is not helping, there must be some other reason for the itch. You don't say whether there is any discharge or any pimple or other lesion. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist who should take a swab and examine the area very carefully for any rashes or growths.