Question
Posted by: Tumi | 2004/01/05

Itching and swellling

Hello

Please help.Whenever it is cold i itch and swell, under my feet,inside the hands , fingers or at times my lips.It only lsts a few minutes and disappears especially if i cover the itchy area or if i just expose the area to heat or anything warm.

Please help

Tumi, it sounds like you might suffer from a physical allergy. This is a condition where allergic symptoms and signs are produced by exposure to physical stimuli, eg, cold, sunlight, heat, or mild trauma. If you’re interested in more information on physical allergies, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mwb.co.za and I’ll cut & paste you something. In the meantime, you can try taking an antihistamine like Clarinese® on a daily basis. Good luck.